Authors: Brenda Augusta and Karen Cross
Foreword by Sandra Herbst
Length: 82 pages
Reference: Augusta, B. and Cross, K. 2017. Making Physical Education Instruction and Assessment Work. Courtenay, BC: Connections Publishing.
This book is a practical guide to applying the big ideas of assessment to the teaching of physical education. Using stories, samples, and many practical ideas, the authors show us how to:
- Identify a clear learning destination for units of instruction
- Collect and consider evidence of learning
- Provide multiple descriptions of quality
- Give feedback that encourages, guides, and inspires learners
- Involve students in self- and peer assessment
Written with an audience of Kindergarten to Grade 8 physical educators in mind, this book is for physical education specialists, classroom teachers with responsibility for teaching physical education, and school and system-based leaders.Making Physical Education Instruction and Assessment Work is the second in a series of books about looking at instruction through new eyes and, because teaching and learning are two sides of the same coin, refreshing student learning
For bulk purchasing information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-603-9888.